communitymanagers

How do I use the inbox to stay up to date on my content?

Discussion created by communitymanagers on Sep 23, 2011

Your inbox for your Insiders profile is a quick and convenient way to make sure you're caught up with others in the community. You can quickly access it from anywhere in the community by clicking on the bell icon in the upper right corner of the window. When your inbox has no new notifications, you will see it greyed out with a zero. When there are new items that icon will be orange with the number of new items to see.

The inbox is where you'll receive notifications whenever someone replies to one of your discussions, sends you a direct message, mentions you with an @mention, or whenever the Community Manager posts a site-wide announcement.

Filter inbox:

To zero-in on specific types of communications, you can click Filter to select from these types of notifications:

• Mentions
  • Notifications

You can also see all unread items or search by who sent the communication.

Reply Inline:

When you see a notification on the Inbox page that someone has replied to your post, you can even continue the conversation with a reply directly from this page. You can also send a direct message straight from the inbox by clicking on Send Message.

Related FAQ's:

How can I adjust my email notifications?

How do I use the Actions tab?

Outcomes