wiscfriend

Brightlybob's "Special Sauce"

Discussion created by wiscfriend on Jan 3, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 4, 2019 by hikers84

In the "Summary" section of his New Year's Day Essay (New Years Day Essay - Bonvoy! ) brightlybob spoke about the "Special Sauce" that SPGers loved.

There were indeed many times in my experiences at SPG hotels that little "specials" made what could have been a regular hotel stay AMAZING! From the car window cleaning & "Moo Pies" [a Wisconsin candy] at the Sheraton in Madison, to the gracious "Welcome Back" after a long absence at the Le Meridien Oak Brook Center [where they also remember my newspaper preference], SPG hotels (or I should say "Former" SPG hotels) have WOWed me with simple things that up the ante on hospitality.

I can now point to at least one Marriott property that is working hard to do the same thing: the Residence Inn Madison West / Middleton.

My last stay at this particular hotel was back in early September. I've not been a regular guest at this hotel, although I have stayed there a few times. I've both complimented and bothered them when I've been there: complimented, because they have a complimentary LOCAL newspaper available; bothered, because I wish they had a microwave in the breakfast area like the ResInn in Redmond, WA [after all, us cheeseheads need to melt our cheese on our morning eggs!].

I do have an upcoming stay there next week.

But my point is that I have not been a regular weekly guest at this particular property.

However, in my mail on Wednesday [Jan 2] I received the following:

Christmas Card

Christmas Card Inside

Here's brightlybob 's "special sauce" in SPADES! 

This particular former SPGer is truly impressed! 

I suggest that there are plenty of Marriott properties that could learn from the Residence Inn Madison West. Maybe communitymanagers could suggest a field trip for hotel staffs from around the country to this property. This ResInn has captured and put into practice some of the old SPG WOW!

Outcomes