clebert

Lounge Review:  Courtyard Hong Kong

Discussion created by clebert on Nov 22, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 11, 2018 by ilovehospitality

Where are you, non-Bob......Courtyard Hong Kong (Hong Kong Island - Connaught Rd.)

And what's the lounge like?  Decent enough - not exactly luxurious, but just fine.  Attentive staff and a concierge desk.  It was not crowded and seemed large enough and in good proportion to the hotel size.  A good example of how much better the Courtyard brand is in Asia as compared to the typical CY in the US.

How's the evening food?  Good selection of entrees, salads, snacks, desserts, and dim sum.  

Any free alcohol? Yes.

What are the hours? 6am - midnight every day with breakfast, all day snacks, and appetizers/entrees in the evening.

And are they being meanies and closing the lounge at weekends? No.

How about Gold/Plat breakfast?  Typical fare, along with Chinese specialty items, and a very good selection.

Upgrades?  I got a nice, quiet room in a high floor.  It wasn't a suite or harbor view, but I was happy with it.  The rooms are appointed much more nicely than you'd expect in a US CY.  

Late Checkout? Yes, they offered late checkout even without my asking about it, but I couldn't take advantage of it. 

Comments...This was the cheapest Marriott/SPG property with a lounge that I could find, and it exceeded all my expectations.  As you'd expect in Asia, it was much nicer than the typically US CY, and it had better amenities, including a full service restaurant and a concierge lounge. There were also 2 bottles of complementary water in my room, along with more drinks in the lounge.  Service was very good.  Location is not the best, but not bad for exploring HK.  HKU MTR stop was about 4-5 blocks away, so not a bad walk.  I would stay again if I was on a budget or need a property to use a 25,000 certificate.  If you don't want to pay more points/dollars for a more upscale brand, I would definitely recommend.  I've also stayed at the Renaissance and the JW in HK, and this is not as nice as those properties but it costs less and is still a solid choice. 

SO... I'm the concierge lounge at the Courtyard Hong Kong, and it's Great (4/5)

Outcomes