ozmodiar

Bonus points for booking though United Airlines link

Discussion created by ozmodiar on Nov 20, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 21, 2018 by cyrill

I just got an email from United related to a flight I booked a few days ago. It provided a link to book with Marriott for a hotel in the city where I am headed (Hong Kong), and indicating if I book through the link I'll get bonus points. The link takes me to main the Marriott site with a reservation search result, and has filled in the location and dates for a two night stay. Has anyone seen this before? There was also a link to a promotions page that had a link for a different flight I had booked months ago that is coming up, same offer. (Unfortunately I had already booked a hotel weeks ago, and the rate has gone up so I didn't cancel and re-book to try it).

You've booked your flight to Hong Kong, now book your hotel with Marriott®. Book through the link in this email and you'll earn a special bonus on top of the points or miles you can already earn for your stay as a Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and SPG® member**:

■  

1,000 bonus award miles per stay

■  

Plus, get 500 extra bonus miles if you are a Gold member or Platinum Elite member of Rewards and SPG

Outcomes