rvento

Maximizing the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Card

Discussion created by rvento on Nov 13, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 7, 2018 by skysurfr

First and foremost I wanted to say that I'm a pretty young Marriott Rewards member, and a pretty young traveler in general (28 years old). However, the travel game, so-to-speak, has been a fascination of mine over the past 2 years or so, and I would love to be able to have a stash of Marriott Rewards points by the time my wife & I (and our little one on the way) start taking family vacations in the not-so-distant future. I'm not a hardcore traveler by any stretch of the imagination, and when I do travel it's primarily domestic. Currently I have all of our household bills on auto-pay on my Marriott Rewards Premier Plus card so that I'm constantly generating Marriott Rewards points throughout the year irregardless of my travel (and getting 2x points for each dollar spent is a good way to do that). Does anyone have any interesting tidbits of knowledge they'd like to share in how best to generate points without being a hardcore traveler? I read-up on Insiders and on The Points Guy quite often but just wanted to hear it from folks who are further along in the game than I am.

Thanks!

Ryan

Outcomes