AnsweredAssumed Answered

Bedbugs / Complaint Escalation

Question asked by tigerfan18 on Nov 5, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 6, 2018 by communitymanagers

Is there a way to escalate above the customer service email address?

I have been trying to get an issue resolved involving bedbugs in my hotel room without going the shame/ name the hotel location and posting photos to the travel websites (yelp, tripadvisor, etc.) I have stayed at this hotel many times without issue but after how things have been handled lately I will chose to stay at other properties / brands.

Long story short I found/ caught a bedbug in my room, along with photos/ videos of the bedbug, and blood stains on the sheets from bedbug bites. The local management at the location was not at all helpful and after going back and forth with her decided to reach out to customer service.

I emailed marriottrewards@marriott.com and customer.care@marriott-service.com on 10/2/18 explaining the issue and included photos. I received a prompt reply the same day from Billy Hudson with Marriott Customer Care notifying me they were relaying the message and a member of the local staff would contact me in 3-5 business days. I followed up to the email on 10/17 to check on the status of the issue as I have yet to receive any form of communication. I emailed again on 10/25 to check if I needed to contact anyone else as I have no received any communication from local staff or Marriott customer care. It is now 11/5 and I have not received any communication except for the original semi-automated response that the issue will be resolved in 3-5 business days.

communitymanagersCustomer SupportCommunity Help and Support bedbugs

Attachments

Outcomes