gatorlitigator

Is the bed type really that important to you?

Discussion created by gatorlitigator on Oct 30, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 30, 2018 by brightlybob

I've been trying to look into the possibility of going to Dubrovnik in February, and, as we would be taking the children, assumed I would need two connecting rooms unless a large suite happened to make monetary sense.  I saw that the only Marriott hotel there is a Sheraton and started playing around with dates.  It doesn't seem to have any availability anytime in February (though I didn't try every single day).  I started to question if this is a seasonal hotel and picked random dates and stumbled upon availability on a Sunday night in November.  However, getting two twin beds for the children's room looks like it would come with a percentage markup somewhere in the high seven digits (at least I save 500K Euros with the member rate).

However, if you notice the banner is blue not purple and I hope that the rate nonsense and the lack of availability in February is simply a function of them being mid-switchover from SPG platform to Marriott platform.  Who knows.  Maybe they have to load availability day-by-day.

Anyway, so on to my actual question: Does anyone have familiarity with this hotel, any thoughts? 

Outcomes