holmessh

Amazing Person

Discussion created by holmessh on Oct 29, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 29, 2018 by o0o0o0o0o0o...points!

I would like to nominate Ms. Julie J. from

TownPlace Suites by Marriott Huntsville West/Redstone

6500 Redstone Gateway SW 

Huntsville, Al 35808

My wife, four children, Mother-in-Law and two small dogs evacuated from Panama City, Fl due to Hurricane Michael.  We cannot go back and we lost about 90% of our possessions.  

Ms. Julie has showed great compassion for us from the first time we met her.  She really connected with my kids.  My youngest is High-Functioning autistic and he took to Ms. Julie right away.  And she has gone out of her way to make him feel like this is his home.  My son loves Pres. Teddy Roosevelt and we were planning on having a birthday celebration for him.  Hurricane Michael had other plans.  When Ms. Julie heard about it she decided to help make that day special for my son.  She found us us a table and and got us permission to have the party downstairs in the hotel.  She even joined us for cake and led the signing of Happy Birthday!  But the most amazing thing she did happened first thing in the morning on Teddys birthday.  She drew a caricature of Teddy, looked up and wrote some Teddy facts on it and wrote Happy Birthday Teddy Roosevelt across the  top!  I have attached a photo of it.  When my son came down she called him over and surprised him with it.  He had a big smile on his face and lit up!!  

Ms. Julie was also instrumental in getting my Mother-in-Law a closer room to our to make it easier for the kids to go back and forth.  She always has a smile on her face and always asks us how we are and if she can do anything to help.    My kids all love her and they will make special trips down to see her at the front desk just to say hi.  My kids have made cards and art for her but my wife and I wanted to recognize her in a more adult way.  

I hope you consider her for the Spirit to Serve award, she is definitely deserving of it.  She has been a bright ray of light in a pretty dark time for our family.

Sincerely,

The Holmes Family

Attachments

Outcomes