dg

October 16, 2018 Complaint - PLEASE ESCALATE

Discussion created by dg on Oct 16, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 18, 2018 by yogib

I am so frustrated with Marriott. I am a Platinum Elite Member and I am trying to book a stay at the Courtyard in Historic DeLand, FL. I'm trying to stay from November 2, 2018 to November 4, 2018 (2 nights). I want to use points for the first night and pay for the 2nd night. The property is trying to force me to stay 3 nights. If I put in availability for 2 nights nothing comes up. If I put it in for 3 nights it comes up. Why should I be forced to stay an extra night. Is this the way Marriott treats it's platinum customers. Basically, you have availability, but you refused to allow me to book a room for less than 3 days. At a minimum, this doesn't sound ethical. I don't know if it violates any state laws. I'd sooner take my business to another chain.

I spoke with Joanna in customer care from 8:17pm (Central Time) until 8:38pm. She reiterated the same sentiment. I asked to speak to her supervisor. She refused. I asked her for her name and she wouldn't identify herself other than her first name. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she refused to transfer me. I said if I need to refer her in my e-mail how would they know which Joanna I was speaking with. I said surely you can't be the only Joanna that works in customer care. I asked her if she had any identifying information that I could reference such as an agent number, telephone extension, etc. She said she had nothing. I again asked to speak to a supervisor. I have a right, if I'm not satisfied with her answer to escalate it up the chain. She finally came back on line and told me there was nothing they could do. They aren't sure if the hotel is even open.

Frankly, I am frustrated and flabbergasted by Marriott's lack of customer service in this situation. Why should I continue to stay at Marriotts if this is the way you treat your top level customers. Surely, this can't be Marriott's policy.

Can someone please contact me regarding this matter.

Thank you.

Outcomes