sledchick

Hotel Review:  TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre

Discussion created by sledchick on Oct 16, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 19, 2018 by mv559er

I have stayed at this hotel about 10 times. My most recent visit was the weekend of October 5-7, 2018.  This TPS is in a great location, with easy access on/off I-81. The Montage Mountain ski area, Rail Riders ball park and shops are right there. The hotel staff is friendly. The breakfast options are standard fare and they refill the stations promptly (I get a little bored eating the same thing all the time but that's just me). The property is very clean and well-maintained. There is a lovely fire pit by the front entrance which I have sat by previously, but this time smokers took over the area for the weekend so it wasn't the place to get fresh air. A lot of travelers have pets with them, and usually that's not a problem (I love dogs!) except when yappy dogs are taken outside at all hours of the night. To be fair, this was the first time I have encountered this and the staff would not have been able to do anything about it anyway. I will continue to frequent this hotel and recommend it to all.

This is a photo of the fire pit from a previous winter visit.  Just as an FYI, I have only been upgraded once (without asking) during my previous stays.  I did ask one other time but they were unable to do any room changes that visit.

Outcomes