pleasedonthangup

Is 10 years platinum now a *requirement* for LTPP under Marriott legacy rules?

Discussion created by pleasedonthangup on Oct 13, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 13, 2018 by platpboy4ever

Who can VERIFY that you don't need 10 years of Platinum to be grandfathered into LTPP by Dec 31, 2018?  

Meaning, even if you get 750 nights and 2 million points by Dec 31, 2018, you still need *10 years Platinum*.

I just spoke to a manager at Marriott.  I'm hoping that he didn't know the rules. It's very frustrating when the employees don't even the rules, and more so when it is a manager that doesn't know. Worse yet, a manager that doesn't know *simple* rules that typically an employee would know.  

However, I have currently have...

1.824 million points

777 lifetime nights

8 years platinum 

The reason I called was to get some "help" to get to 2 million points.  Maybe an adjustment in points. maybe increase the deadline, maybe some sort of special accelerator, I dunno.  I just wanted someone to look into it. 

This guy was saying I won't be able to get to LTPP because I won't get to 10 years platinum.  But I'm like "Hey man, that's not a legacy requirement, you are confusing new and old requirements.  2 million points + 750 nights is legacy requirement, which is in effect until Dec 31".  I tried to explain to him the rules.  He wouldn't listen.

Was he right though?  Is 10 years a requirement?

Outcomes