spazzmonger

Chicago Marriott O'Hare review

Discussion created by spazzmonger on Oct 12, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 16, 2018 by arizonatag

Stayed at this Marriott for a business conference. The property has been there for a while and it some places it showed.

First, the decor is in good condition, but the style needs upgrading. I felt like I was in a hotel from the 1980s. Rooms were of a nice size, but there are not many suites, so upgrades are limited if you have status. Plenty of space for clothing and work area. You will notice the plane noise. You are right in the approach path for the airport, so you will hear those jets. The room balconies have all been permanently sealed, but in my room, the silcon between the sliding glass door panels was needing to be redone. If you are a light sleeper, you would not have been happy. 

Bar/restaurant had plenty of space and even some out of the way areas to sit if you didn't want go up to your room for some quiet. Food was good but nothing to get excited about. Lounge on 11th Floor was nice size and accommodating. Standard foods for breakfast and hors d'oeuvres. If you want to get off-property, there is a lot of restaurants close by, but it would require a drive or ride.

Staff was all very nice and helpful. I had some packages sent there from my company and then somethings I had to send back and all the staff provided great assistance when I needed it.

Hotel does charge for parking on premise, something that I was told changed within the last year or so.#

Given the choice, I would have stayed at the Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare just down the street or the Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites just across the highway instead.

Outcomes