omegaet1

Ritz-Carlton, Naples Spa

Discussion created by omegaet1 on Oct 6, 2018

I believe this property is 38+ years old.

It has undergone a variety of updates and renovations over the years (I have been a guest there many times) and if you happen to be in residence there during some of this work, it can be a bit off-putting (especially consider the pricing). 

At the same time, management is very forthcoming at the time of making a reservation when work is being done and of course, in most cases, you have the option to NOT stay there.

I was not surprised when I arrived there last week and found the grounds and exterior of the building in various stages of scaffolding and protective covers.  As I was there on business, the exterior conditions didn't really have a negative impact (no time to use the swimming pools, go to the beach [red tide was bothersome] or sit on my balcony for morning coffee [Nespresso machines and liberal supplies of pods replenished daily].

I found it interesting at check-in to be handed a letter from management, advising me that my Lifetime Platinum status did not include access to the Club Level.  I was aware of that before arriving - the property simple has dedicated Club Level  floors and not just a lounge per se.  Front desk personnel ask if I cared to 'upgrade' to Club Level (at an additional and substantial cost), which I declined. 

Since the property offers an excellent variety of dining and libating venues, the extra cost didn't make economic sense to me, as I was there for business and only stayed two evenings. 

The Moet-Chandon champagne has been added to the lobby since my last visit - only $25US per split.

I was offered and accepted a flute of champagne (which I believe all arriving guest receive).....which does make feel a bit special.

I enjoy staying at Ritz-Carlton properties and am pleased they now fall under the Marriott marque.  

Outcomes