wiscfriend

Residence Inn -- Seattle/Redmond

Discussion created by wiscfriend on Oct 4, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 6, 2018 by johnnyk60

At the end of September, the family took Amtrak's Empire Builder out to Seattle to visit my niece and her husband and 4-year-old boy in Redmond, WA. Last year, I had stayed at the Residence Inn in Redmond, and so we decided to make this our base of operations for the 7 days/6 nights that we were there. I got a room for myself on points, and got a two bedroom/two bathroom + living room suite for my brother & sister-in-law and their adult daughter (4 nights AAA rate + 2 nights on points with upgrade with SNAs). I called the week before we arrived to make sure that everything would work out the way I had planned, and Susie (the front desk manager) was most accommodating. She looked into everything, and called me back a few hours after my initial conversation with her to assure me that everything was good.

Here are some quick pics of the two bedroom suite:

Living Room

Secondary bedroom is seen through the door on the right.

Kitchen

Kitchen area as viewed from living room window side

Master Bedrrom

Master bedroom (door on left enters bathroom; also large vanity and open closet are behind me as I took the picture)

The entire staff at this hotel is very welcoming. In addition to Susie, special mention is given to Kadijah who also works at the front desk and was most kind and friendly. 

The hotel has a wonderful breakfast area, including a microwave that I enjoyed using to heat things up just a little more. It's especially useful for melting cheese on top of eggs or other breakfast goodies. (Being from Wisconsin, cheese goes on top of just about anything!) Since staying at this hotel a year ago, I've been recommending microwaves for the breakfast area at every ResInn I visit.

Breakfast area

Breakfast area with microwave in lower right corner

Breakfast area

The rest of the breakfast area.

The Monday & Tuesday evening gatherings were exceptional. Monday had flat breads with Moroccan chicken, grilled vegetables, and several dips/dressings along with local wines and beers. Tuesday was grilled brats with *****, salad, chips, and wine and beer.

Each day there was a stack of local newspapers (The Seattle Times) which meant that there were always enough papers for everyone, instead of the paltry three or four copies that I have seen at some hotels. It was nice not to have to fight for a morning paper (or have to get up at 5 am to secure one!).

The Redmond Farmers Market takes place each Saturday in the park just behind the hotel. It's just a 100 ft. walk from the hotel to the park where you'll find great food (fresh veggies & fruit along with crepes and french toast), beautiful flowers, and live music performed by local musicians.

If you find yourself in Redmond, this is the place to stay!

Outcomes