702rugbyref

Atlanta Ritz Carlton

Discussion created by 702rugbyref on Oct 3, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 7, 2018 by 702rugbyref

I'm writing this quick review from my room prior to checking out after a 3 day stay. Wanted to start out by saying I was really looking forward to this stay for a few months because I usually don't get to stay at Marriott's luxury brand.

First night I actually stayed at Marriott Marquis about 5 minute walk from the RC. I obtained an early checkin so that was nice - 1100hr. Room was average, no upgrade and basic. I've seen much nicer rooms at a standard Marriott. Upon checkin, I was advised that my room was a recently modernized room. The bathroom is quartz and granite so above average.

I really like they put out peach and vanilla flavored jelly beans daily near reception.  Yummy! There is NO executive lounge but they do have a CLUB at $200/day that anyone who wants to pay has access to. I never stepped inside or even tried to locate.

A serious issue arose regarding construction noise however.  Apparently 7 floors above they are modernizing rooms still.  Never disclosed at anytime, no signs on elevators or posted any other location. The drilling was constant for hours. I did complain at front desk with AM who offered a credit at the AG restaurant on the second floor. This was appreciated as a satisfying outcome but the noise was ridiculous. 

The Atlanta Grille (AG) was a good steakhouse with both inside and outside seating.  Good service.  Steak was done per expectations. I am unable to attach pictures. 

Outcomes