AnsweredAssumed Answered

Anyone else having point transfer troubles - no lifetime status change?

Question asked by bayareawolf on Sep 27, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 2, 2018 by o0o0o0o0o0o...points!

Well, I am having trouble with family member to family member transfer.  I was trying to do it before the Aug 18th merger day, but the MR support rep that was helping us over the phone said the stay was in October, call back when closer and they would take care of it.  They were slammed due to the issues around the merger and said it would be fine.   She already had her supervisor on the line and they could not seem to make the transfer happen in the system.   I did as they asked and just completed the transfer a few days ago, I can see the activity in my account activity ledger, but the lifetime totals in my account did increase.  With this transaction, I would be at 1,601,000 points and 617 nights, and will earn the LTG under the Legacy Program (Lifetime Platinum Elite in the new program).  I called in yesterday and the Omaha call center rep told me that it does not count anymore towards lifetime status.  Needless to say I was a little upset and calmly explained what happened.  She then contacted another part of the MR call center, maybe a supervisor or something.  She got back on the horn and gave me a case number.  She said there is some sort of software/merger thing and it should be rectified by 12/31 and I should get the lifetime points as I was told before the 18th.  Not really sure what to do at this point, having faith it will all work on the New Years reconciliation does not seem like a great idea.  

Any suggestions?  Anyone else observe this issue with point transfers post merge?

Outcomes