alwweb

Positive Customer Service Experiences

Discussion created by alwweb on Sep 24, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 30, 2018 by betterdays

I have been complaining a lot out here, so it is time to post the positives. With the help of communitymanagers and a VERY patient and helpful phone support person at Marriott, most of my current problems have been solved.  I wish I had the forethought to ask the name of the support rep and write it down.  We spent about 45 minutes getting things squared away.

Bonus - a human was on the phone in less than 2 minutes.  

Take-aways -

1) no matter what phone number you use, you seem to get the same recorded message asking why you called which then routes you.  I don't know what to say to get a platinum person.   

2) yes, the automated answering system knew my name.

3) If you are eligible (more than 50 or 75 nights) this link will get you to your choice benefits even if you don't get an email telling you that you are qualified for them. Once there and logged in, it told me I had to make by 50 night choice before I could make my 75 night choice even though the page said it was for 50 nights before I logged in.

4) The hope to have Starwood hotels integrated into the Marriott reservation system by January so that we can hopefully start booking them with certificates.

5) Like lots of people on here are always saying, when in doubt, call. 

6) At least certain types of our old certificates (miles and points) need to be converted before they can be used.  We need to request this conversion.

Items fixed: All points have now posted, I am registered for the current promo (thanks communitymanagers ), I have my 50 night choice benefit and once I decide what I want I will get my 75 night benefit, and I have a booking with my old 7 night cert for this Christmas in Galveston (Thanks CSR).  Even better, the CSR and manager of the location where we are staying worked together so that we could upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite. 

Outcomes