andrewz

Terrible Experience with the program merger, considering leaving

Discussion created by andrewz on Sep 15, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 16, 2018 by arizonatag

After 1 month of the program merge and my repeated calls, I am still waiting for them to correct my status, # of nights and points. This is really un-acceptable!

I had stayed more than 75 nights at SPG hotels by November last year. I called earlier this year requesting to reflect my status (as Platinum 75 or Platinum Premier now). However, my status is still Platinum today. With this, I am losing the additional bonus points they promised since November last year.

My points and # of nights are also not correct (I checked right before the merger and realized now I am missing both points and # of nights). With that, I am sure my lifetime # of nights could be short as well.

I called them many times, including Jennifer at Marriott office. It was absurd that she told me the points stay can only account as one night even if I stayed for 5 nights (I had two such 5-night stay this year).

I am still waiting... At the same time, I am starting to stay at other hotels outside Marriott-SPG hotels. I have stayed at their hotels for many nights/years. It is sad (and angry) to see they totally mess up, but are so arrogant and do not care about their customers.

Outcomes