yclau

NYC Trip

Discussion created by yclau on Sep 15, 2018

I've travelled to NYC annually the past 5 years.  And I have to say, each time I'm in NYC, I always discovered something new.  My annual NYC trips have always included a few Broadway shows.  The past few years, I graduated to purchasing the tickets directly at each theaters' box offices.  Of course, after I discovered some of the shows' lotteries, I was totally hooked.  I was very fortunate that my very first lottery entry got me the front row center seats in the Orchestra section of "Wicked".  Then the very next year, after 5 tries, my lottery entry got me the Orchestra section but side seats for "Aladdin".  Last year, after 6 tries, my lottery entry won me the front row center seats in the Orchestra section of "The Book of Mormon".  Just to clarify, winning the lotteries do not mean the tickets are free.  You would still need to pay $30.00 for each ticket.  I also discovered rush tickets last year.  These are tickets that you could buy from the participating box offices at 10:00 am each day.  The tickets are $30.00 to $49.00 each. The seats are usually Orchestra sides.  This year, I happened to be in NYC during the first week of the NYC Broadway event, so I took advantage of the BOGO offers for "Frozen" and "Phantom of the Opera".  For my personal preference, I preferred the rush ticket seats for "Beautiful" because those seats were in the Orchestra section.  I also learned about the 20/20 deal for the Off Broadway shows on this trip, so of course, "Jersey Boys" was a must see.  I realize most people with a tight travelling schedule in NYC may not be able to take advantage of these experiences, but sometimes, if the timing is right, you may want to check it out.  I'm sure a lot of you have many NYC tips that I have yet to discover, appreciate your insights.

Outcomes