AnsweredAssumed Answered

Upgrading to Premier Plus—be careful!

Question asked by nickbensophia on Sep 12, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 12, 2018 by o0o0o0o0o0o...points!

I upgraded when offered in June for basically no perks to do so, having had premier card for quite some time.

i did not get 15 nights stay credit that was due August 16th of this year.  Many phone calls and no success or sanity at Marriott these days.  The ludicrous response from “someone” who works in liaison with Chase is that I upgraded too early, so not due 15 nights credit this year!  Absurd.  I am platinum and and this year have been treated with more disdain than gratitude.  My card number did not change with upgrade and when calling Chase they say I definitely do get 15 nights stay credit which should have posted in August.  Marriott says no and won’t budge.  Appears they have tied associates hands for customer satisfaction.  Did speak with Gwen today who did her utmost to be helpful and understanding with patience.  Mergers are tough on everyone but it seems like they paraded out this upgrade for $$ and not thinking it thru.  Anyone else had this problem when upgrading?  How or who can resolve issue?  Seems really 

wrong to upgrade and be penalized.

seems totally 

Outcomes