jeremiah_carew

NEST not so nice

Discussion created by jeremiah_carew on Sep 10, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 10, 2018 by arizonatag

I am staying at the NEST Hotel in Incheon, which I found on the SPG site (I am a legacy Marriott Rewards Platinum member).  This seemed like a modestly priced hotel very close to the airport.  Several issues with the stay:

(a) hotel is not 2.5km from airport as advertised, but 10km by taxi

(b) they refused to recognize my Platinum status until I showed them a print out of my reservation showing I got an upgrade to "best available room" and late check-out.  Then, they did not give me the upgrade they promised (sea view), but a very subtle room upgrade ("standard" to "deluxe", which I doubt is really different at all).

(c) there is nothing to eat!  You could get coffee for US$8, get the breakfast buffet for US$35, with all food in that range.  I refused to pay those prices and wandered around and found friendly seafood places for $10 for a big bowl of Korean clam chowder.

(d) To use the pool costs $20.  They do not actually say this in their brochure but call it a sun chair fee.  What hotel charges you to use the pool?!?

Basically, this is a case of the inexpensive ending up very expensive.  It's too bad because the rooms are kind of clever, but the staff service is absolutely clueless, thinks charging these prices is normal, and did not want to recognize the loyalty program.  NOT RECOMMENDED.

Outcomes