bejacob

Am I the only one who survived Merge Day unscathed?

Discussion created by bejacob on Sep 10, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 15, 2018 by peymanagement

Hard to believe we're approaching almost a month since Marriott rolled out the currently unnamed, combined loyalty program. From the sound of gnashing teeth, it appears just about everyone suffered catastrophic damage to their accounts that still hasn't been repaired. At least that's the impression I'm getting as I read all the comments over the past few weeks. I can't be the only one who experienced virtually no problems.

Let me add a few points for perspective

• My last stay before M-day was August 12; that stay posted on August 16
  • My first stay after M-day was September 1; that stay posted September 4
  • Both stays after September 1 posted within 24 hours
  • I have not yet combined my MR and SPG accounts (my SPG account has only 2 nights and less than 20k points)
  • My MR Visa points posted on August 24, three days after my last statement date

Not having any stays during the worst of the the IT glitches probably saved me from the types of problems others have faced. Everything that needed to post before the merger was already in place by August 17, and with the exception of the CC points, nothing needed to post until the beginning of September. I was mistakenly granted PP + Ambassador status for a few days, but that's about the extent of my issues. 

I'm curious if anyone else made it through relatively unscathed. Based on the number of posts regarding missing points, missing stays, incorrect status, incorrect LT status, and a host of other things, I'm beginning to wonder if most folks experienced substantial glitches, some of which still need to be resolved. If that's the case, I was incredibly lucky. 

Outcomes