williston

Decreasing value of Platinum Premier??

Discussion created by williston on Sep 9, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 17, 2018 by globaltreker

I’m definitely of the opinion that Platinum Premier is not being recognised as much as it used to be.  I’m LTPP (20 years of Platinum and over 2500 nights).  In the past PP status was recognised with frequent room upgrades and excellent service.  Recently (outside of Asia) recognition is poor.  No attempt to meet requests such as extra towels (how hard is that?), high floor, no room upgrades etc.  A very recent stay at the London Marriott Kensington is a specific example.  I called the hotel to say that my wife would be arriving before me as I had been delayed (this because the Grosvenor House had refused to let my wife check in because I was not with her, despite us having stayed many times and arriving separately before).  The wonderfully thoughtful associate that I spoke to said” Yes well ok she can check in but she can’t use the lounge or access free internet until you arrive”!!! Really??? I’ve spent over seven years of my life in Marriott hotels and this is the reward!! When my wife did check in, low floor room (high floor requested), two towels (extra towels requested) and no room upgrade.  I understand (as we all do) that upgrades are not always available but extra towels and high floor?? Come on guys, a little bit of recognition would count for a lot.  I suspect that a lot of people, me included, will be spending their hard earned cash at Hilton or IHG if this continues.  Learn from your Asian colleagues who can never do enough for Platinum members.

Outcomes