AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do you validate points for your folio? Ready for some Algerbra?

Question asked by bayareawolf on Sep 8, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 9, 2018 by crashrit

I had a recent stay in Reno.  I did the "green choice" thing for the environment (well, points actually) and skipped the housekeeping.  I believe that is 500 points a night for maybe 4 out of the 5 nights?  They are required to clean after 3 nights...so minimum 1500 points by my calculations.   Then there was an annoying problem with my room that they were unable to fix with the maintenance crew.  It was not that big of a deal, but the front desk said they would offer me some points for my inconvenience (nice gesture) when I checked out.  They did not say how many and I was on my way out the door.  I am Platinum Preferred at this point so I get the 50% bonus (4000 Elite)...   Oh and another thing, I don't seem my platinum arrival gift points...I took the points (of course)...I think maybe that is the 1000 extra?

My bill was around $900 which included taxes and $15 a day for for parking.  

Here is what my account states:

+13,000 Points

(8,000 Base + 4,000 Elite + 1,000 Extra)

Given all of the information I provided, do you Insiders have enough information to let me know if I got shorted points or not?  I am thinking I am short between 1500 and whatever they thought was a nice thing to do for the noisy busted window.

If I am short, do I try and capture this with customer service in missing stay?

I really would like it if they could break down the the green choice points separately and the arrival gift points separately, that would make things more clear for us point freaks.

Outcomes