cdw463

missing stays, unresponsive "customer service", etc, etc, ad nauseum...

Discussion created by cdw463 on Sep 8, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 10, 2018 by arizonatag

The website shows 52 qualifying nights in 2018 but I still show as being a gold elite member, even though I have earned platinum elite (and did so prior to August 18, 2018) 

I have more than a few missing stays, have submitted the folios for those missing stays via the link for the missing stay request form, I have received automatic replies but only two of the many missing stays have been credited, and only after submitting several requests.

I have also received an email stating the following: "The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending your message later, or contact the recipient directly." I suspect that many of my requests weren't seen because of this "full mailbox". 

On Sept 5th I spent over 30 minutes on the phone with an agent (this after being on hold for 23 minutes before being suddenly disconnected, then calling back and holding for another 19 minutes before talking to said agent) I was assured that my status should indeed show as platinum, even before any missing stays are posted, and I was told QUOTE "I guarantee you that your status will update to platinum within 24 hours" END QUOTE.

Based on what I have been reading about the recent experience of fellow Marriott Rewards Elite Members, it is clear my experience is similar to many others; and although it is certainly not earth-shattering, it is very, very irritating. 

I have intentionally earned this status with Marriott, based on the benefits offered, and made certain to achieve Platinum by August 18th. By erroneously remaining at Marriott "Gold" beyond the 18th of August I have lost the elite benefits that are MOST valuable to me (ie: lounge access, 4pm checkout) I have seen many responses by individuals saying "just be patient" But I would ask....to what end? and, for how long? Because I have top tier status with other Rewards programs, why would I stay at a full service Marriott, where I no longer have lounge access or 4pm checkout, when I can stay at a full service Hilton* property, (Hilton, Waldorf Astoria, Conrad) or an IHG* property (Kimpton, InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Indigo) and receive those and/or other upgraded benefits that offer a more comfortable stay. (*I currently have Diamond Status with Hilton and Spire Elite with IHG)

In addition, since being essentially stripped of my status with Marriott, I have been staying at Hyatt properties and am nearing elite status with the World of Hyatt program. I have to travel 150-200 nights each year, so that should be easy, but I was really hoping to switch to Marriott; until now, I have had mostly good experiences with Marriott. Also, to simplify my travel, and finally, so my points can be earned and spent within one "group". These stays at Marriott competitors are solely due to what has -or has not- happened to my Marriott Rewards Elite Status since August 18. Every day that goes by with lack of response and/or action by the 'powers that be' at Marriott leaves an increasingly bitter taste in my mouth, making it easier to walk away from the Marriott Elite Status I worked diligently to achieve. What a disappointment. I am done staying at Marriott until this is fixed. 

I am posting this discussion because maybe someone else has had similar experiences, or is equally frustrated...I mostly hope that someone else who has experienced something similar has also found a solution. 

Outcomes