Hi wise Insiders. I’m just trying to figure out if what I’ve been experiencing lately as a Platinum Premier is a common theme or if I have particular issues with my account. It seems like the issues for me have been non-stop since the merger and I’m debating switching loyalty programs. I want to give Marriott the benefit of the doubt but they’ve been so unhelpful lately, and if this is the new standard, I’m out. I know several of my gripes have been raised elsewhere, but we’re now beyond the date they promised to fix most of the snafus. Here is my growing list:
- missing one year of credit toward lifetime status;
- unable to use the free night cert I received as my annual gift despite following the instructions exactly and calling the customer service line thrice;
- missing stay from mid-August despite newer stays posting;
- not credited points on several qualifying expenses;
- room preferences not honored;
- not given ANY plat benefits at Westin upon check-in and had to request breakfast voucher later, as soon as I discovered that I am in fact entitled to it;
- no upgrades offered despite ample space - the biggest thing I’ve noticed since the merger. I have gotten the crappiest rooms over the last month i.e., a low-floor room with a window facing a brick wall 3 feet away, which leaves me wondering who DOES get the upgrades.
I’ve called multiple times. Nothing is resolved. What gives?