bostonsportgeek

Bizzaro Support Customer Conversation

Discussion created by bostonsportgeek on Aug 28, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 31, 2018 by bostonsportgeek

This is a back and forth conversation I have had with the online customer support over the last few days about my current status.   

Honestly I think they are just inserting automated responses in with out actually reading the message.

First time I asked about currently status, I got an answer about lifetime, at least they were close that time.

The second time I got an answer with tips for logging in

1) If I couldn't log in how would I know my status was wrong.

AND 

2) If I couldn't log in how could I have used the web support form in the first place

I get that they are busy and this is lower priority (which is why I used the web form in the first place), but at least make an effort.

For your entertainment (support reps names have been removed, as well as the incident #)

-------

From: Internet Customer Care <internet.customer.care@marriott-service.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 9:09 AM
Subject: RE: Marriott.com/SPG.com Support [ ]

Hello Brian,

Thank you for contacting Marriott Customer Care regarding your account. I welcome the opportunity to assist you today.

We appreciate your inquiry. Please understand, we are currently harmonizing our loyalty programs. For this reason, we are experiencing periodic outages on our websites. We may have higher than normal hold times, and some features and functionality may currently be unavailable. I regret any inconvenience this may cause.

I am including some trouble shooting tips that may help with the issues you are encountering.

1.) If you were using the Starwood portal, try using the Marriott portal instead.

2.) Make sure you are entering a correct password. If you need to reset your password, please use the following link to do so; Forgot Password.

3.) Close your browser, clear the cache and your most recent history and open up a new browser window.

If you are still experiencing errors, please check back in 72 hours, as we are still working to merge loyalty information.

Brian, your patience is appreciated during this process. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to your new loyalty experience, as well as hosting your futures stays abroad.

Best Regards,

Marriott Customer Care

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 8/25/2018 1:06 PM
To: internet.customer.care@marriott-service.com
Subject: Re: Marriott.com/SPG.com Support [ ]

Thank you for the quick response, I know you are very busy these days.

My question was actually about my current status, not my lifetime status.

Before the system update my status was Platinum, so it should be currently Platinum Premier

However the app and the website still show it as Platinum.

I appreciate your effort in investigating this matter.

-Brian

--------------------------------
From: Internet Customer Care <internet.customer.care@marriott-service.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2018 10:09 AM
Subject: RE: Marriott.com/SPG.com Support [ ]

Hello Brian.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Marriott Customer Care today.

The requirements for Platinum Premier Lifetime Status are 750 nights and have 2 million Marriott Rewards points or 10 years at Platinum Elite status. If you are able to meet the requirements by the year end 2018 you will be grandfathered into Platinum Premier Lifetime status.

Your current lifetime points is 1,752,365

Safe travels,

Marriott Customer Care

-------------------------------
Marriott.com/SPG.com Support
My current status is not appearing correctly.

I was MR Platinum before August 18 so I should be showing Platinum Premier as my current status.

Can you look into this, and correct it.

Thank you

Outcomes