AnsweredAssumed Answered

Getting to Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite by 2018 and Grandfathering into the new Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite

Question asked by ftrmonk on Aug 22, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 29, 2018 by cizar20

Please note that I’m in a unique situation that has not been covered by other FAQs or posts: close to making 2 million Marriott Reward points and have enough nights, but not enough years to make Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite by the end of 2018.

I have about 40,000 points to go to make Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite (2 million points) by the end of 2018 so that I can be grandfathered in to the new Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite.  I have enough nights for this on my Marriott account alone, but I do not have enough combined years according to the new program guidelines.

Would you please let me know if combining my SPG account now will transfer the SPG points data towards the 40,000 remaining points I need to get over 2 million Marriott points?

Also, would you please let me know if I can get points for SPG stays after August 18, 2018 into my Marriott Rewards instead of my SPG account so that the points could be applied towards getting to 2 million Marriott points?  Please note that I’m staying at an SPG property which began on August 20, 2018.

Thank you very much for your help.

Outcomes