bethbeth519

New redemption point values: Check your existing redemption reservations

Discussion created by bethbeth519 on Aug 19, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 19, 2018 by hallchr

From what I recall, it was noted (somewhere) that the best way to maximize points was to make reservations prior to the website merger (I believe I saw this on Marriott's website?). I had two rooms reserved for the Chicago Marriott Marquis at 120k points each. After the website changes I wanted to see if the redemption point values had increased; they hadn't. They actually went down to 105k for the same # of days and the dates I had reserved. Therefore, I made reservations at the lower redemption rate and canceled the ones at 120k.

I did the same thing for a reservation I have in May 2019 at the JW Marriott Cancun. Since Marriott doesn't permit Platinum members to have access to their earned Platinum benefits (which is ridiculous) at Resort properties (e.g. No access to the lounge without paying for it) I reserved a room that gives me access to the lounge at the JW. Before the site changes, a week to include concierge lounge access was 325k points. After the site changes it is now 300k points. 

Check your redemption reservations to ensure you are getting the best value for your points.

Outcomes