In general, 2018 will likely see some of the highest elite night accumulations when compared with future and even previous years. Why?
1. 2018 is the last year of rollover nights.
2. 2018 (or part of it) is the last year of 10 elite nights per rewarding event.
3. 2018 is the last year where multiple marriott credit cards will add 15 elite nights PER card.
4. 2018 (or part of it) is the last year that the marriott business card will give 1 elite night per $3k spend.
5. In 2018, some people have been racing to get lifetime status, either prior to integration or by dec 31.
6. In 2018, some people have been using points earlier than they may have otherwise to enjoy lower redemption rates at properties that will be costlier after integration.
7. Did I leave anything out? Help me...
So.... all this leads me to believe that some people have insane 2018 nights numbers. But, let's find out. How many nights do you have this year?