AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can I book a 5 night travel package if my family owns a timeshare, but not on my account?

Question asked by nick793 on Aug 7, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 8, 2018 by nick793

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is not in the right place but figured it can't hurt to ask.  Please let me know if I should move this question somewhere else.

What I'm trying to do is book a travel package for 5 nights + 132k UA miles.  I have all the points I need but am not a timeshare owner.  However, my parents are and our family has gotten very good use out of the timeshare over the years.  I've tried calling in, but I keep running into the restriction of my account not being a timeshare account (and apparently no way around this except for buying a timeshare....which is obnoxious considering our family already owns a timeshare).

Is there a way for me to book this with my Dad's account (transferring points to do so, I'm Marriott Gold so there shouldn't be a fee), and for him to attach the cert to one of my bookings later on down the line (assuming these certs even still exist in 2 weeks)?  Additionally, is it possible to add the UA miles to my UA account?

I realize this is a niche question, but any advice is appreciated.  Thanks!

Outcomes