kellyd

Unable to get credit for missing stays, unable to get customer service on the phone.  Any ideas?

Discussion created by kellyd on Jul 31, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 1, 2018 by sonnyandsam

I had a missing stay back in June, and when I fill out a missing stay request, I get the same agent replying via email that it's been credited to me, though it hasn't been.  After calling customer service 5 different times, and being on hold from between 20-40 minutes each time with nobody ever answering, I gave up and called the actual hotel where I stayed.

The desk clerk was helpful and said that he wasn't able to credit points, but he found the error.  When the original clerk entered my information, she failed to enter the last digit of my Marriott rewards number.  

I've been Platinum Elite status several years in the past, but last year was demoted to silver due to illness that kept me from traveling.  Now that I'm well and traveling again, I am finding Marriott customer service to be nonexistent.  I was trying for Platinum again, but it looks like service has gone downhill drastically and I'm ready to give up and switch brands.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can actually get a human to help me?  In the past, I always got great service and now it's just...crickets.

Outcomes