AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need help with Paris and London Hotel Choices?

Question asked by wally3433 on Jul 28, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 7, 2018 by thriftyscrooge

I just cashed in some points to obtain (3) 5 night Travel Packages with Cat 9 certificates.  We are going to use (2) of the hotel certificates in London and Paris next May.  We have never been to either city - so we are just going to be greenhorn tourists at each stop.  I've done some research, but am iffy on both decisions.  We are attempting to maximize location, with the best included breakfast and the highest chance of getting a Platinum room upgrade.  

London:

I narrowed it down to St. Ermins Autograph, Renaissance St. Pancras and Marriott County Hall.  Ermins does not have a concierge lounge, but do Platinums get a good breakfast included?  Ermins has the best Trip Advisor rating - 94% is Very Good or higher based on 6,000 plus reviews.  Pancras has the Chambers wing and Chambers Club - would I get upgraded to this section with Club access?   I understand Pancras is also perfectly located to transportation.  County Hall looks like a classic can't go wrong Marriott.

Paris:

I had been dead set on staying at the Marriott Champs Elysees.  But then I just checked Trip Advisor, only to find that recent reviews are not trending well.  It's been since 2009 since the last renovation - not good.  When I see multiple people complain about stained carpet and mushy beds in the already small rooms - I get scared.  So I started looking.  Quite honestly, I found the overall selection of Marriott hotels to be pretty weak for such a big city.  The only other hotel that interests me is the Renaissance Arc de Triumphe.  It's clean, recently renovated and there looks to be some nice rooms with balconies as possible upgrades.

Lastly - we are doing 11 nights - 5 in one city, 6 in the other. Which location would you pick for the extra night?

Thanks for any input you have in helping me with my million point trip.

Outcomes