zman

Customer support doesn't know benefits

Discussion created by zman on Jul 28, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 29, 2018 by sonnyandsam

After bad check in experience, I requested the manger and explained the Platinum elite benefits....Lifetime platinum, and this is only the second time I have ever done this.  The manager said they would look into the guaranteed money when they do not recognize status or offer the food and beverage amenity.  Due to the manager not being familiar with benefits, I thought it best to call customer service to make sure of the proper benefits.  Then, I was just told by Platinum Elite customer support that Courtyard no longer is required to provide a food and beverage amenity.  WHAT!!!!! They said I would get my 400 bonus points and and it would be up to the hotel to do anything else.  I explained that it clearly states on Marriott website the benefits.  Out of courtesy, I will not name her, but will be happy to discuss with anyone within Marriott who cares as she told me how important she was and even asked someone who has worked there for 30 years and had never heard of the benefits I spoke of.  

Come on Marriott......You can and have done better!!!!

Outcomes