pauly222

SPG amex and points conversion  3:1 end date

Discussion created by pauly222 on Jul 26, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 28, 2018 by arizonatag

I was checking my Canadian Amex CC and info popped up that could help explain what will happen if your bill cycle ends in the middle of august?

It seems to indicate that the billing cycle ending prior to the 18th of august which is the new launch date will still earn the 3:1 ratio.Now I don't know how smoothly this will get done thow..Here's the info on the Amex page...

What happens to my current Starpoints if I am already an SPG member?

Don’t worry, your Starpoints aren’t going away. In fact, they will be converted to points at a rate of 1:3 as of August 2018. For example, existing Starpoint balances of 10,000 will become 30,000 points.

Points earned after the changes go into effect will reflect the new earn rate highlighted in the section above.

Example:

Starpoints balance prior to program change (will be converted at a rate of 1:3 in August 2018)Starpoints earned in billing period leading up to program change (will be converted at a rate of 1:3 in August 2018)New points balance as of program change in August 2018
10,0000 (no spend billing period leading up to program change)30,000
10,0005,000 (points earned during billing period leading up to program change)45,000

Outcomes