kathynfmom

Marriott HORRID customer Service

Discussion created by kathynfmom on Jul 25, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 25, 2018 by arizonatag

June 30th I took my son and husband on a weekend getaway as my Husband father passed away the week before from a fast and sudden Cancer death. I had booked Residence Inn in Dickson City and we attached a free night certificate. The hotel was so run down and musty and horrid and 1 bed for 3 people I immediately called to Customer care and went to the front desk and was assured they would take the Certificate to the Fairfield that was in the same block. So I get my Credit card and the stay is on it and there is also an additional charge from the Residence Inn

I have now been told July 4th and July 18th they were looking into it. STILL today no results.

The same trip we continued on to Courtyard Manhattan?Midtown East for jUly1-3rd.WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!

Parking was 70.00 US a night and no in out the room was 1 king bed and a pull out AGAIN. we made do with it BUT no amenities and 1 towel. The room was a stifling 85degrees!! the fridge did not work SO they tried to fix it by giving us a fan!

the AC was NOT working in the rooms but funny enough it was in the hotel lobby where the door was always open!

They decided to move us the 2 queens the next day. the boys had tickets to see a ball game so I had to wait ALL DAY to change rooms!! so I had to move the stuff and the room was STILL 85! the AC was set at 65 yet never went down. it was SOO hot that honestly I thought my son was going to pass from the humdidity and asthma  

So I get my credit card bill and they charged me WAY more than my reservation was for!

I am very upset I have been trying o be patient and tried to talk to Customer care and also spoke with the front desk at Manhattan.STILL no response and no communication. So they dug deeper today and found  they had us a the wrong hotel.

I am truly at the point of cancelling my Mariott

Outcomes