berlyg

JW Indy cant be beat!!!

Discussion created by berlyg on Jul 25, 2018

I am hands down a Marriott gal…for the past 30 years I have only stayed at Marriott’s…even if I must go out of my way…when in Indy…I typically stay at one of the downtown Marriott locations…like the Marriott Downtown Indianapolis, Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, the Springhill Suites downtown or even the Downtown Fairfield Inn.

I had been jones’in to stay at the JW Marriott for years now…and finally got the chance when my husband and I decided to celebrate our 30-year anniversary there.

First, I want to preface by saying, prior to our stay at JW Indy…hands down our favorite hotel to visit is the Marriott Marquis in Atlanta GA. In fact, we drove all the way there (from Cincinnati) just to stay at the Marriott Marquis …for “date night”. So yes…. i am a diehard Marriott’ite!!

Well…move over Marriott Marquis because we have a new favorite!!...the JW Marriott in Indy has moved into our top spot!!...now don’t get me wrong…the Marriott Marquis is a phenomenal hotel!!...and most definitely one to visit. But for us and our future date nights…the JW Indy is now our new go to hotel!!

With spectacular city views from our room on the 33rd floor, and floor to ceiling windows that span the entire wall…it is simply amazing!!...in fact it is our “entertainment” at night when the sun goes down and the city lights come on…we pull up a few chairs, poor a glass of wine and enjoy the view!!

There are of course other wonderful things to do in downtown Indy, and all just steps from the hotel.

Of course, the JW is connected to the beautiful Circle Center Mall and the Indianapolis Convention Center via skybridges!

And just across the street from the JW is the spectacular White River State Park, the Indianapolis Zoo, IMAX theater Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites, Eiteljorg Museum, Military Park, the Congressional Medal of Honor Memorial and Surrey and Bicycle rentals. And walking along the beautiful canal with its amazing sites and surprises to see are totally worth it!! …and this is all in the center of downtown!! And of course, there are tons of delicious downtown restaurants to choose from!!

My only real thorn…is the parking rates…but that is an Indiana thing…not a Marriott thing…whether it’s at the Indiana State Parks or anywhere in Downtown Indy…Indiana has found its golden goose in astronomical parking rates!! But of course, that will never keep me away!! I love it wayyyy to much!! And I simply am in love with our new favorite place to stay…. the JW Marriott in Indy!!#

Outcomes