wiscfriend

Last Minute Suite Upgrade at Sheraton Madison

Discussion created by wiscfriend on Jul 23, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 23, 2018 by normanp

Just finishing up a four-day stay at the Sheraton in Madison, WI. I did mobile check-in the day before, but I'm never really sure what kind of upgrade one gets with that. Most of the time for me it means that I'll get a king-bed room on the club floor even if no king was available when I made the reservation. (I certainly appreciate that king bed!)

I got to the hotel around 9:30 pm, and was going to receive the usual king on the 7th floor (club floor). The hotel is undergoing renovations, so half the floor is under construction (along with the 5th). I asked the desk clerk, Renata, if any upgrades were possible, and after she looked, she said the accessibility suite on the 8th floor was available for the four night of my stay. I said I don't really need an accessibility room, but I'd take it. I was expecting a single large room with a big bathroom. Instead, I got a really nice two-room suite, with a separate bedroom closed off from the main living area and a large bathroom as well. I've had upgrades at this hotel before (including the front suite with whirlpool tub!), and while my upgrade didn't include that, this suite was a really nice benefit extended to this LTP member, especially since I arrived later in the evening and there could have been nothing left to offer. Photos below. Thanks, Renata for making my stay VERY relaxing, even though two of my meetings at the state Capitol were stressful.

communitymanagers Please make sure the hotel (and its staff) gets appropriate recognition

Living room from the main door (standing in the large entryway while taking photo. Water sits on top of the refrigerator.

Door to the bedroom from the living room

Suite bedroom

Bathroom as seen from the door from the bedroom

Bathroom as seen from the main entryway door

Bath amenities

Totally satisfied with this stay and appreciated the separate bedroom closed off from the main hallway that gave me a completely restful sleep!

P.S. Some of the furniture was a bit tired looking in the living room, but with the total-hotel renovations underway, I expect that this will be an even more relaxing room in the future.

Outcomes