donaldgjr

No Marriott Gold Love at Sheraton Buganvilias Puerto Vallarta

Discussion created by donaldgjr on Jul 19, 2018

Not really the guy to post the negative experience, but can't pass this one up. My family and I stayed for just one night (wife, two kids 12 and 15).  Had booked the Starwood preferred rate (great rate for a night) and requested two rooms with a connecting door.  I emailed a few days before our arrival to confirm connecting doors, and called the day before to also confirm.  When we arrived late (after 9pm) we were told that since we checked in so late, the best they could do was one room on the 11th floor and another on the 6th.  When I impressed that this would not work with our kids, they said that the connecting rooms is only a request, not a guarantee. Ironically the check in sheet they asked me to sign, had us in rooms next to each other with a connecting door. When I asked why I did not have these rooms they said it was because you checked in so late, we assigned them to another guest.  I explained that's why I indicated on my reservation a late check in, that's why I emailed and that's why I called...No luck.

I don't pull the gold card very often, but explained this would never happen at a Marriott property as a gold member.  Long story short, I called the Marriott in PV while they watched, asked if they had two connecting rooms and the confirmed they did.  Was going to switch properties and eat the cost, when they found two junior suites next to each other in the time share portion of the hotel.  The rooms were not connecting, but were next to each other. It worked for the night, but was really disappointed with the lack of status cross over and assistance without me balking at their solution.  I'm hoping they figure this out, but I won't be staying at this property again regardless.  No bueno.

Outcomes