johnnyk60

Hotel Review: Element/Aloft Redmond (Seattle area)

Discussion created by johnnyk60 on Jul 18, 2018

A pair of conjugal twins that only makes sense to describe together: one U-shaped building with separate entrances, but no internal barriers between the properties.

Located not far beyond Crossroads Mall (excellent food court) right by Microsoft Campus, so high weekday rates, but often good weekend deals. Indian and Chinese restaurants nearby, along with Trader Joe and Safeway. Bus to Bellevue Transit Center a block away, with connecting express bus to downtown Seattle.

Aloft features an XYZ bar in its lobby, which can be charged to Element rooms; I had to request points credit for my drinks when they failed to post with the stay. No micro/fridge in rooms, just a coffeemaker.

Element has two types of room: basic and superior, latter featuring a larger kitchen fridge and burners. I've been upgraded most of the time, with apologies when given the basic room I'd booked. Breakfast isn't the greatest, ranging from duds to not bad. Attendants do a great job restocking items and clearing dishes. Dining room on second floor accessed by room key (keeping out any mooching Aloft people).

Element has made a good mattress run when I've needed one. Posting it here as it's a good alternative to higher priced Seattle, or Bellevue, properties if necessary.

Outcomes