berlyg

not negative...just fact ;)

Discussion created by berlyg on Jul 12, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 12, 2018 by 702rugbyref

First…I have a strict code…I don’t post negative reviews for the “world” to see. If I have a negative experience or a problem…I have found that it is more conducive to reach out to hotel management. Second…I am hands down a Marriott gal…for the past 30 years I have only stayed at Marriott’s…even if I must go out of my way…that’s what I do. Well…today I have to break my code…the reason being…as I sit on the bed in a Sheraton hotel (...**now owed by Marriott)…its because sadly I feel no loyalty to Sheraton…even though now owned by Marriott….i certainly was not treated as a Marriott gold member or even as a loyal Marriott guest. My check in experience was not a very “warm and fuzzy welcoming one” to say the least…the representative was very unfriendly…short and curt when speaking with me.

I have parkinsons, so while I waited on my husband to park the car, I stood about 15 feet away from the check in desk. After wobbling up to the check in desk at check in, and a second time to ask a question…I approached again for the 3rd time…with a big smile and laughter stating “…im backkkkk…”…as I thought this might bring a smile and a different attitude to this lady. NOPE!...didn’t work…still unfriendly and unhelpful…oh…and please note…she was not busy helping any other customers…so it wasn’t like she was being rushed and simply didn’t have “the time” to smile and be friendly.

Being a Marriott’ite…this truly is not the type of customer service that I am used to.

At first glance…the overall finishes in the hotel are very nice…seems a little mish mash in design and décor…but overall…nice enough. When arriving to the 5th floor…oh my goodness…I was quite taken back…the hallway carpet was very dirty. But the thing that knocked me over the most…the smell…oh my mercy!!…it smelled like 25 wet dogs lived there. I have a 125 lb. mastiff…so I know what I am talking about when I say the hallway…and even our room smelled like wet dog and…well…disgusting.

If it weren’t for the fact that my husband had class the next morning, he was tired and needed to get to bed…I would have tried to change rooms. But honestly…I knew in my knower…that there was no way they had any rooms available…because of the 500 hundred bazillion soccer teens that were scampering about the hotel….and I knew in my knower…that there was no way they would be sending up a team of folks to shampoo the hallway and guestroom carpets…and seriously…I am not even sure THAT would have even helped.

So overall…because of my extremely disappointing check in experience and that horrible wet dog smell…sadly…there was really nothing spectacular…that stood out to me about this hotel.

I guess I should preface all this by saying…I typically stay at one of the downtown Marriott locations when in Indy (like the JW Marriott, the Marriott Downtown Indianapolis , Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown or even the Springhill Suites downtown)…the reason I am currently sitting on a Sheraton hotel bed is ONLY because my husbands conference was located at this hotel…and ONLY because it was now OWNED by Marriott…I thought I would give it a try…OTHERWISE we would have stayed at a nearby actual Marriott and my husband would have driven over for the conference.

Okay…that’s the end of breaking my code…time to get up…leave this smelly space and go check in to the JW Marriott where I know for the next 2 days we will be treated like Gold member royalty and without the smelly wet dog smell!!communitymanagers  Travel  not negative...just fact  ;)

Outcomes