travelinvix

Misleading Rate Frustration

Discussion created by travelinvix on Jul 3, 2018

As I book some future stays, I find myself again frustrated with the Marriott website redesign.  The old website would indicate (not clearly enough, but still noted) if the hotel rate would change during the length of a stay.  I was searching for a room over an upcoming weekend that seems to be popular - most hotels in the area I need are sold out.  I did find one Courtyard that came up in the search at $229/night.  I continued to the next screen, where the webpage still showed $229/night.  Only when I got to the final page where I would have confirmed my reservation did it reveal that the average cost/night was actually $371.50! Expanding the details reveals that of my 4 night stay, 2 nights were $229, and the other 2 were significantly higher.  I almost didn't notice and now feel like I need to double back and check the other rooms I've booked recently to verify the price doesn't jump up mid-stay.  Admittedly on the second screen, the total was listed, but in smaller font that I skimmed right past.

Outcomes