betterdays

Redemption Dilemma

Discussion created by betterdays on Jul 2, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 4, 2018 by betterdays

A little over a year has passed since I joined this forum, and I've benefited from the knowledge shared by so many.  Folks here have been so friendly and extremely helpful in so many ways.  Thank you for that.  I will say that, while I've learned quite a lot about strategies for earning points and how to value redemptions, my knowledge is still in its infancy when it comes to the hotels themselves.

So I am reaching out to Insiders for a little advice.  I recently exchanged points for a hotel + air package.  I had hoped to save a little longer for a better redemption, but as we all know there are quite a few changes coming soon.  Without knowing exactly what the future holds, I felt it best to take a chance and pull the trigger sooner than later.  So I now have a 7 night category 7 stay available to book.  Not having specific plans for a category 7 hotel, I began a search for something interesting.  I discussed possibilities with my wife and narrowed things down to just a couple of ideas.

The places pictured here are:

JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa and JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa

I did some digging and was able to find out a fair bit about one place and somewhat less about the other.  I do think I’ve figured out where I’d like to make use of my certificate, but I’m curious to know what other Insiders might be willing to share.

Outcomes