prnsesmaldonia

Has Marriott adjusted Old Gold Status Earned with the New Platinum Status

Discussion created by prnsesmaldonia on Jul 4, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 5, 2018 by o0o0o0o0o0o...points!

I finally found the link that led me to ask the above question, but clarification for me is still needed.

What I understand this to mean is in August you will be credited with five years of Platinum if you had 5 or more years of Gold in the "old" program... below is the link from points guy article "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly".

Your thoughts please.

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/lifetime-status-new-marriott-program/

Lifetime Status With the New Marriott:

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

May 10th, 2018

In essence, the new program combines the night requirements that currently exist in both programs (with some numerical tweaks) and the elite status tenure requirements that currently exist for Starwood Preferred Guest. Once you have combined your history with both programs, you’ll earn the corresponding level of elite status for the rest of your life. If you’re still short when your accounts are combined, you’ll then continue to work your way towards the above three lifetime status tiers with every stay you make at one of the new program’s 29 brands.

#   It’s also worth noting that that previous elite status tenure will map to the new elite levels in the program. In other words, a Marriott Rewards member with 5 years of “old” Gold status (earned by staying 50+ nights) would be credited with 5 years of “new” Platinum Elite status in the newly combined program. As detailed on the FAQ page on Marriott’s website, “Only the names of the levels are changing. How we account for tenure is not changing.”

Outcomes