mr_rewardshoarder

Great Restaurants

Discussion created by mr_rewardshoarder on Jun 27, 2018

Dining out for dinner when I'm staying at a hotel is one of the highlights of my business travel day, especially when I can find a restaurant, either on the property or within very comfortable walking distance (less than 10 city blocks away), that excels in food and service.  So, what's your favorite Marriott restaurant and what's your favorite nearby, off-property restaurant? (No chains or franchises, please.)

I haven't sampled many on-property restaurants, but the one in Edinburgh's Glass House, with its view of Calton Hill, stands out for me for its breakfasts.  Also, the Grand Bohemian's Red Stag in Ashville, NC serves a very tasty elk steak.

Off property, I recently stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Miami Doral and there was an Italian restaurant called Divieto, only two blocks away, that was just excellent.  They mixed a pasta Alfredo at the table using a semi-hollowed out giant round of parmigiano-reggiano.  Semi-hollowed because they would cut shavings of the cheese from the inside of the round just before mixing the pasta and sauce.  Their Octopus Divieto appetizer was juicy tender and had just the right amount of rich marinade that crusted nicely when chargrilled.  I've eaten there on six occasions and had six different entrees and have not be disappointed yet.

Outcomes