AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to get a certain hotel room

Question asked by ilmk0801 on Jun 28, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 28, 2018 by yogib

My mother in law is currently staying at a Renaissance in Plano and I was disappointed that she wasn't able to get the first floor that we asked for. My husband called, since I was working, the hotel 24hrs before they arrived and asked if for sure they would have a suite on the first floor. They told him that yes they would. When we arrived they had a suite on the 3rd floor. My mother in law is handicapped and really needed a first floor room. It's just much harder for her to get her wheelchair up, even though there is an elevator. Plus, the bathroom isn't really handicap assessable. She is unable to step up and now my sister in law must help her get into a tub. We also had to order things online to get her able to use the bathroom.

So my question is, how do I guarantee a first floor and handicap assessable room for her next time? I understand that hotels cannot guarantee rooms but for someone who is handicap, how do they handle that? I work for an airline and we are required to give anyone handicap a certain type of seat, even moving someone sometimes to do this.

Anyone know the rules with hotels? 

Outcomes