trippinbillies40

It finally happened! Upgraded!

Discussion created by trippinbillies40 on Jun 24, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 27, 2018 by trippinbillies40

So today I've been searching the interwebs for strange astrological events that are occurring. Maybe Mercury is in retrograde? I dunno, but what I do know is things got weird (in a great way) for me with MR lately.  After turning Platinum last September and having put in almost 150 nights since then, I had never once had a room upgraded for me without me asking for it. I had even gone as far as calling the Platinum Line (when it still existed) to get an upgrade that wasn't given to me that showed available when travelling with my fiance.  Anyways, not once, but TWICE in a row now I've been upgraded upon arrival.  The first was at the Marriott in Rancho Cordova, CA. A super nice corner suite.  The second was the very next stay at the lovely FFI Woodland Sac Airport.  Big upgrades? Of course not, they were small hotels and one night each.  But I literally gave the girl at the Rancho Cordova Marriott a hug and said congrats on being the first person to actually make me feel like my loyalty to this brand is appreciated. I plastered great reviews for both of these hotels everywhere I could think of.  

I wish the higher ups at MR would realize it's the small things that do it for me.  I'm at 83 nights with MR this year, 13 with SPG, and 6 with some other brand that won't be named. And all but 5 of those on SPG are paid nights.  

Outcomes