starguy

SPG Peak Season for 2018 & 2019

Discussion created by starguy on May 30, 2018

Here is the list for SPG hotel peak times in 2018 and 2019----> Starwood Hotels & Resorts 

Some example of my favorite properties. As you see peak time forThe Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa  is during 4/5/19-4/11/19 and my birthday is April 8th. Guess I will not be going there next year for my birthday..LOL This SPG list is very helpful in deciding whether to book before or after the changes in August.

The Westin Washington, D.C. City CenterUpgraded to a Suite at Westin D.C. 

Royal Palm South Beach Miami(Tribute Portfolio) 

As you know, coming in early 2019, Marriott will add peak/off-peak to the new award chart. But unfortunately at this point, we still don’t know when is peak time(weekends/holidays??), what months are peak time(summer in cites/winter in the caribbean area??), how much off-peak and standard space will actually be available, etc

That being said, all the "peak" "standard" and "off-peak" reward chart is actually confusing and honestly may be the reason members discontinuing the new program in 2019. IMO its just too much to keep up with. 

However the good news is SPG already list this information for year 2019 on what days/weekends are peak base on hotel(which is very helpful for members to planning vacations)

So if Marriott can follow the SPG transparent way in 2019, this would keep SPG members happy like me  

@MarriottRewards please take note, please follow the SPG model.  Just my two cents 

Outcomes