gerstperson.

LaGuardia Marriott

Discussion created by gerstperson. on May 23, 2018

The LGA Marriott used to be one of my favorite properties.  In addition to having a nice fitness area, bar/restaurant, and MLounge for breakfast, it was incredibly convenient to Terminals C and D, in that you could walk across the bridge over Grand Central Parkway, and enter Terminal C.  This has been particularly meaningful for the last two years, with all of the construction going on at LGA,

It is now undergoing major renovation.  I stayed in a renovated room, which was nicely updated, but during construction, there is no restaurant, bar or MLounge, and the small market (to which you may have almost unlimited access in place of MLounge) is not stocked with anything worth eating or drinking.

To make matters worse, the bridge over the Parkway is now closed for construction, allowing walking access only to construction workers.  And, as I understand it, when the bridge is reopened, no pedestrian traffic will permitted.

For anyone else who loved the LGA Marriott for its proximity to LGA, I just wanted to alert you, so that you can manage your expectations.

Outcomes