AnsweredAssumed Answered

What are the chances I've been approved for CC and don't know it?

Question asked by alwweb on May 18, 2018
Latest reply on May 29, 2018 by alwweb

So, with my being careful to not bit the 5/24 rule, having an 800+ credit score, I apply for the Marriott Chase Business credit card to help me achieve my 300k points to hit lifetime premier by the end of the year.  The one bad thing I did was that I've only had my SPG business card about 3 weeks so far.

I was not instantly approved, but told I'd find out by mail in the next 30 days.  This was about 5 days ago or so. Today, I see an extra 15 credit card nights on my account, but no more points. My 15 nights for my current card posted last month.  I also haven't been spending much on that card since I'm trying to hit the 5k spending on the SPG.  What are the chances I've been approved and just don't know it?  I'm stressing just a bit because without that card, my climb to 2 million will require me to cancel my quite old Marriott Chase card to get the 100k.  Since it is my second oldest card, I really don't want to do that.  Plus, I just paid the premium in April.  I only got a 10k upgrade offer, so that won't help much.

Outcomes